The „Baby‘s Nest“ – Instructions for use
The „Baby’s Nest” is intended as a strong, safe and secure “first” bed for your new baby.
• Only carry your baby to your car in a special baby carrier..
• Do not use the baby box as a carry case.
• At home, at grandparents, when staying in a hotel or in a tent, you can use the baby box as a portable or temporary crib.
• During the trip, you can store all baby clothes, nappies and other accessories in the box.
• Place the mattress in the lid of the box , you will get a great changing mat.
• Never cover box with the lid if the baby is in the box!
• Never place the box next to radiators, open fires or wood burners (the box is rated “slow burn” which is better than most other baby cribs but it will still burn!)
• Do not place the box next to or on a wiring harness, as you could trip over and fall on the baby.
• When the baby is in the box, always be near.
• Always keep the box on the floor or a on sturdy, wide surface such as a coffee table.
• Use a bare crib with a firm mattress. Put nothing in the bed but the baby and the clothes needed to stay warm but not too warm. Do not use pillows, positioning devices, blankets or other cover. Remove bumper pads from baby’s crib. Make sure nothing can ever get close to his face. There is evidence that re-
• Babies should be safely put in a bare crib on their backs even when they are fretful, have a cold, or otherwise need extra comfort, feet to bottom of the box. Gently turn your baby‘s head left, then right every hour or so to help prevent „flat-head syndrome“ (Positional Plagiocephaly). Just keep the crib close to you and you will both be comforted. Babies with colds are at higher risk for sudden infant death.
(for more information on “Safe Sleep” click here.)